Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Sorry its been a couple of days I have been busy. But today is memorial day, I already posted a few video links so check them out if you haven't already. Today I will just post some patriotic quotes and songs that you should check out.

Memorial Day is a day we should remember those that fought. So think about those that fought and thank God for thier bravery as you read the remainder of my post.

"If anybody is wondering: Where are the young idealists? Where are the people willing to devote themselves to causes larger than themselves? They are in uniform in Iraq, straddling the divide between insanity and order. "
--David Brooks

"If you are ashamed to stand by your colors, you had better seek another flag. "
--Unknown

"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots."
-- Charles F. Browne

"Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country."
-- Calvin Coolidge

"And I'm proud to be an American, Where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died, Who gave that right to me And I'll proudly stand up next to him to defend her still today, Cuz there aint no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA" -- Lee Greenwood, Proud To Be An American

"American Girls and American Guys We'll always stand up and salute We'll always recognize When we see Old Glory Flying There's a lot of men dead So we can sleep in peace at night When we lay down our head." -- Toby Keith, Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue

"A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth." -- Henry Ward Beecher


Once again thank you to all our troops who fight to protect our flag, our freedom and our country. To the many who have been injured in the line of duty. To the many that have died and to the families of those that died. Thank you!

-Rae

No comments: