Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I recently saw Pirates 3! So for all you pirates fans, I would reccomend you see this movie! I enjoyed it alot, even though it was a little long. I was dissapointed in the ending though, it is not what I expected.

This causes me to think about many instances and events that take place in our lives daily. We have a plan but God has a different plan for our lives. The bible tells us that while man plans a course in their heart God has a different plan for our lives. And in yet another verse God says to Jeremiah:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

and we also know....

" that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

So even though we have plans God has better ones! He has plans that will work for His glory and towards his perfect will and not our own!

So next time you wish that a movie or a book had ended the way you wanted or you wished things or situations at work or school would turn out the way you planned, remember God has a perfect plan and it will all work together if you love him and have been called according to his purpose.

So yes some thoughts to chew on! If you end up seeing Pirates enjoy!

-Rae

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED reading this post today. Those are some of the best Bible verses that I know of. It's nice to be reminded that God's intentions are only the best of intentions for us and how he always follows through.

Our family has seen the 1st pirates movie. We have #1 and #2 on DVD so I think we are going to have to sit down and do a pirates marathon one day and then round everybody up to go and see the movie.

I'm looking forward to it!! :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the latest Pirates movie. The first one was great fun. I still have to catch up on the second one.

Apparently the cast enjoyed it so much, they'd like to do another one, so I'd better get moving before I get too far behind with my Pirates viewing.